Class recommendations for next season
If your child is currently in an open class, you will receive a recommendation in May for class placement for the 22-23 season. Feel free to contact the studio if you wish to discuss the best options for your student. Ms. Nesha is happy to talk through options with you.
Schedule of Weekly Open and Company Summer classes
Summer classes will begin on June 20 and conclude on July 30. Classes will not be held on July 4. Makeup classes for that day will be on June 24. Summer classes are open to everyone.
- Tuition is determined by the number of hours of instruction per week and is equivalent to regular tuition during the year.
- There are six weeks of summer classes. Summer tuition will be due on July 1.
- You may also pay by the week if you will be gone a significant number of days during the weeks of summer when classes are offered. YOU MUST SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com WITH THE DATES YOU WILL BE GONE BEFORE SUMMER CLASSES BEGIN TO GET ANY DISCOUNT. IT IS NOT RETROACTIVE.
- A $20.00 non-refundable annual registration fee is due upon enrollment for summer. The registration fee is $20 per student or $50 maximum per family. This reserves your spot for summer classes and/or summer intensive and guarantees you a spot for the fall. You must pay it online when you register or your registration will be dropped.
Enroll in classes on your Lifehouseacademy.com account. Registration will open on May 1.
Tuition Amount for Summer
Tuition for summer is based on the number of hours students take class each week. The tuition amount listed below is for the entire six-week summer session. Weekly rates are slightly higher than a true prorated rate and are listed on the class schedule links.
- 1 hour $75
- 1 ¼ hours $87
- 1 ½ hours $97.50
- 1 ¾ hours $112.50
- 2 hours $127.50
- 2 ½ hours $150
- 3 hours $180
- 4 hours $217.50
- 5 hours $247.50
- 6 hours $277.50
- 7 hours $300
- 8 hours $315
- 9 hours $330
- 10 hours $345
- 11 hours $360
- 12 hours $375
- 13 hours $390
- 14 hours $405
- 15 hours $420
- 16 hours $435
- 17 hours $450
Weekly Open Classes offered this summer—Preschool, Kindergarten, 6-8 year old combo, and Company Prep
Lifehouse will offer preschool, kindergarten, 6-year-old, 7-8 year-old, and 9-11 year old company prep classes this summer. The company prep class is for students who were not on company during the 2022-23 season. Students should register for the class that corresponds to their grade level for the 2022-23 school year. For example, students entering the first grade should enroll in the six-year-old combo class.
Click on the link below for schedule.
Weekly Company Summer Schedule
Students interested in participating in a company for the 2022-23 season need to register for summer classes. Students 4th grade and older who are new to Lifehouse should contact the studio for recommended placement. We are looking forward to having six weeks of summer classes!
- The summer class schedule will be based on company placement from the 2021-22 year.
- Summer classes will serve as the audition process for next year’s company placement. This will allow us to watch students for an extended period and better place them in the right class for their growth the following year. It will also allow us to better place new company members in the right class and help us to keep skills sharp and stay in prime condition year-round.
- Some Company classes have required classes and optional summer offerings for those who want to intensify their training. Optional classes are indicated by **. It is a student’s choice to decide what is best for their summer. Students who take the optional classes in the summer will progress more, but we understand families and students sometimes have higher priorities than dance including what is best for the child mentally and emotionally.
- You will need to register individually for each class listed on the schedule.
Pointe dancers must dance year-round
Because of the safety issues and intense physical conditioning needed for pointe work, students who are on Pointe must dance year-round and take summer classes. If a student does not take summer classes, they will be pulled off pointe and must dance for a month on flat and be retested to be put back on pointe. Ms. Beverly, our Ballet Director, feels very strongly about this for the safety of the dancers.
Click on the applicable link below to view Company class schedules.
Summer Acro Class Schedule
The studio is excited to be able to offer dance acro classes this summer. Dancers need to be enrolled in a ballet class to be eligible to enroll in an Acro class starting at age 7. Click the link below for skill levels and acro class schedules.
Summer Intensive and Camps
Lifehouse will be offering several camps and our summer intensive in addition to the weekly summer classes. Below are links with detailed information.
Salem Summer Intensive 2022 Required for company students. Open to all.
Salem Sleeping Beauty Princess Camp 2022 For students 3-5 years of age.
Salem Musical Theater Camps 2022 For students ages 6-18.
Auditions for Lifehouse 2022-23 Companies
An audition for Dance Companies and Musical Theater Companies will be held Friday, July 15, between the hours of 9 am-5 pm. It is a good experience for students to learn the art of auditioning as it is a part of the dance world. Students will showcase what they have been working on all summer. After the audition, class placement for the next season will be determined. Always our goal is to place dancers where they can grow and progress to their potential.