Dear Lifehouse Families,
It’s hard to believe another season at Lifehouse is on the horizon. We hope you will join us in 2016-17. Lifehouse will be offering some classes and workshops this summer in Saratoga Springs. We would love to have a few strong companies next season of more committed and serious dancers. If you think that is your dancer or your child just loves dance and wants to stay active in the summer, come and join us for summer dance!
Weekly Company Summer Schedule
I love summer classes! We get to really fine tune our technique and build our strength and flexibility!
- Summer classes for all students interested in participating at Lifehouse on a company level will begin on June 13th and conclude on August 5th. There will not be classes on July 5th. Summer classes are open to everyone, but are highly recommended for students planning to be on a company for the 2016-17 season.
- Tuition is determined by the number of hours of instruction per week and is equivalent to regular tuition during the year.
- There are seven weeks of summer classes. The studio will charge for six (you pay for 6 of the 7 weeks). Tuition designated is for the entire summer.
- A $20.00 non-refundable annual registration fee is due upon enrollment for summer. The registration fee is $20 per student or $50 maximum per family. This reserves your spot for summer classes and/or summer camp and guarantees you a spot for the fall. This is the annual registration fee and will count for the entire 2016-17 season. You must pay it online when you register or your registration will be dropped and your spot will be made available for someone else.
- Tuition for summer classes and the jazz workshop are due July 1st. Tuition for dance camp is due by August 1st.
- Summer classes will serve as the audition process for next year’s company placement. This will allow us to watch students for an extended period and better place them in the right class for their growth the following year. It will also allow us to better place new company members in the right class and will help us to keep skills sharp and stay in prime condition year round.
- I realize that each dancer has a different commitment level to dance. Being on a Company is for students who have the desire to excel. Taking two months off of your training each year over the course of your career, puts dancers at a clear disadvantage by the time they graduate from high school. Not only do they miss the two months during the summer, they also spend the first six weeks of fall gaining back what they lost when they were not dancing. The amount of time we ask of students in the summer is the minimum necessary to continue to progress and grow.
Students 13 and older
|Tuesday||9:00 am-10:30 am||Jazz Technique||Studio B|
|Tuesday||10:30 am-12:00 pm||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
Students ages 9-12
|Tuesday||9:00 am-10:30 am||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
|Tuesday||10:30 am-12:00 pm||Jazz Technique||Studio B|
Students ages 7-8
|Tuesday||12:30 pm-1:15 pm||Jazz/Conditioning||Studio B|
|Tuesday||1:15 pm-2:15 pm||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
Students ages 5-6
|Tuesday||12:15 pm-1:15 pm||Ballet Studio A|
|Tuesday||1:15 pm-1:45 pm||Jazz/Conditioning Studio B|
Jump Start Jazz Summer Intensive
Improve your jazz technique, learn more about your body, learn the fundamentals of footwork, jazz conditioning, turning and jumping in an intensive week of training with Ms. Ashley our Jazz Director. You will learn so much that will get you ready for the new year of dance! It will take your dancing to an entirely new level. You will be given sheets of things to work on at home to help your flexibility and strength for the entire year. Don’t miss it! A $15.00 deposit is due upon enrollment (opens June 1st), balance due first day of camp. This will be a rigorous workshop. Enrollment is limited. Workshop is for any dancer age 8 and older. This camp is amazing! The workshop will be held in Studio B in Saratoga Springs.
- July 25th-29th 12:30-2:30 each day Cost $75.00 for the week
Lifehouse Summer Dance Camp
Each year Lifehouse does a phenomenal dance camp at our Salem Campus. As Saratoga grows, we will bring the camp to Saratoga as well. We want to invite our Saratoga students to attend in Salem. We have some families in Salem that have agreed to serve as hosts to Saratoga students if there are students who want to come and stay for the week. Students take class from 9 am-5 pm. Students ages 7-8 come for 3-4 hours a day. We could also set up a carpool from Saratoga.
We have amazing guest instructors coming to the camp including Vladmir Tcal from St. Petersburg, Russia’s ballet company, Shayla Bottt the theater ballet director at BYU, Natha Balser the Contemporary Dance Director at BYU and professional dancers from a variety of genres and backgrounds. We also have inspiring guest speakers who share messages that reinforce the values and cultures of Lifehouse during our Creating Culture Seminars. Topics include things like maintaining a positive self image, loving your body, authenticity, teamwork, injury prevention, sharpening your ability to focus and the power of intentions. It is an incredible week. We would love for you to join us!
- Camp will take place August 8-12.
Cost of Summer camp
- $105.00 for second and third grade students
- $170 for students in intermediate levels
- $195 for students in advanced levels
If you have any questions regarding class placement or want some feedback as to your child’s readiness for a company class structure, feel free to contact me. The 2016-17 year will feature more phenomenal shows, caring and qualified teachers and fantastic curriculum. Thank you for being a part of our opening year in Saratoga!