LIFEHOUSE Salem 2019-20 SEASON
Dear Parents and Students,
The 2019-20 season at Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy is almost here!
Fall classes will begin Monday, August 19. Half tuition will be due for the month of August on August 19. Half tuition will also be due for June. Classes will continue through June 11, 2019. Classes without adequate enrollment may be subject to changes or cancellation. Please call the studio if you can’t find a class meeting your age and skill level. Also, if a class you do need is full still enroll in the class. You will be put on a waitlist. New classes may be created if there are enough students on the waitlist.
Classes at the studio are divided into open and company classes. Open classes are open enrollment. Anyone may register who meets the age and skill level requirements. Company students must attend a placement class to be put in the correct company for their skill level. Company auditions will be held July 19, 2019. Please see the the website at lifehouseacademy.com for more details. If you missed auditions, please contact the studio, and we will schedule a placement class for you. The schedule for open classes is posted below and will be available online. Go to lifehouseacademy.com and hover your mouse over the heading Classes at the top of the page. This will pull up a drop down menu with subcategories of classes. Click on the classes that interest you and you will find class details there. Registration opens on August 1.
Open Class Schedule
Preschool (ages 3-4)—age as of October 1, 2019
Preschool 3A Tuesday 10:30-11:20 am Studio 1
Preschool 3B Wednesday 10:15-11:05 am Studio 1
Preschool 4A Tuesday 11:20 am-12:20 pm Studio 1
Preschool 4B Wednesday 11:05 am-12:05 pm Studio 1
Preschool 4C Thursday 10:30-11:30 am Studio 1
Preschool 4D Wednesday 3:00-4:00 pm Studio 7
Kindergarten A Monday 2:45-4:00 pm Studio 7
Kindergarten B Tuesday 9:15-10:30 am Studio 1
Kindergarten C Wednesday 4:00-5:15 pm Studio 7
Kindergarten D Thursday 2:45-4:00 pm Studio 1
*new morning sessions can be added if needed. If class is full, get on the waitlist.
Ballet/Tap Combo Classes Ages 6-8
Combo 6A (Age 6) Monday 4:00-5:30 pm Studio 7
Combo 6B (Age 6) Thursday 4:00-5:30 pm Studio 7
Combo 7-8A (Ages 7-8) Tuesday 6:30-8:00 pm Studio 1
Combo 7-8B (Ages 7-8) Thursday 5:30-7:00 pm Studio 7
*new session of combo class can be added if sessions fill. If class is full, get on waitlist.
Hip Hop 1 (Ages 6-8) Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm Studio 7
Hip Hop 2 (Ages 9-11) Wednesday 7:30-8:30 pm Studio 7
Allegro Musical Theater Class (Open Ages 9-11) Tuesday 5:30-6:30 pm Studio 7
Gershwin Musical Theater Class (by audition only) Tuesday 4:15-5:30 pm Studio 7
Presto Musical Theater Class (Open Ages 6-8) Tuesday 6:30-7:20 pm Studio 7
Rogers & Hammerstein MT Class (by audition only) Tuesday 7:20-8:35 pm Studio 7
Sondheim Musical Theater Class (by audition only) Tuesday 3:00-4:15 pm Studio 7
Crescendo Musical Theater Class (by audition only) Thursday 7:00-8:15 pm Studio 7
9-11 year old Open Classes
Beginning Open Jazz Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm Studio 5
Beginning Open Ballet Wednesday 7:30-8:30 pm Studio 6
Intermediate Open Jazz Tuesday 6:30-7:30 pm Studio 6
Intermediate Open Ballet Tuesday 7:30-8:30 pm Studio 4
12 + Open Classes
Ballet Thursday 3:00-4:30 pm Studio 6
Jazz Tuesday 3:00-4:15 pm Studio 2
Company student’s schedules will be emailed by August 1. For more information on company classes, go to the website and select Company Classes under the Our Classes drop down menu. Company classes are for students ages 6-18 who have the desire, ability and resources to pursue dance at a more accelerated level. Company students also participate in more performances during the dance year.
We love having male artists at the studio!
Lifehouse offers special discounts to male students. Male students can take unlimited classes for $65 a month.
Below are the shows we have scheduled for the upcoming year. Please reserve these dates on your calendars immediately.
- Lifehouse Ballet- “The Nutcracker”- for company students at American Leadership Academy. Rehearsals December 16-19 and performances December 20 and 21.
- Lifehouse Fireside- “The Power of the Other”- for company students at The Covey Center for the Arts. Rehearsals January 13-14 and performances January 14 at 7:30 pm and January 15 at 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
- Lifehouse Spectacular- “Opening Night” for preschool, kindergarten, combo, hip hop and musical theater students with optional participation for company students at The Covey Center for the Arts. Rehearsals February 24-25 and performances February 25-27.
- Lifehouse Children’s Production- “Discovery at the Circus”- for preschool, kindergarten, combo, hip hop and open ballet and open jazz students at American Leadership Academy. Rehearsals June 5 and performances June 6 at 1:00 pm, 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm.
- Lifehouse Company Showcase- for company students at American Leadership Academy. Rehearsals June 1-6, dress rehearsals and performances June 8-9.
- Lifehouse Musical Theater Showcase”- for musical theater students at American Leadership Academy. Tech rehearsals June 10, dress rehearsal and performance on June 11.
The studio will be closed on the following days:
- September 2 Labor Day
- October 17-18 Fall Break
- October 31 Halloween
- November 27-29 Thanksgiving
- December 23-Jan. 1 Christmas
- February 17 President’s Day
- April 6-10 Spring Break
- May 25 Memorial Day
Dance fees for 2019-20
When it comes to pricing, I always strive to offer the best value in Utah County. I want high quality training in the arts to be accessible to as many children as possible.
Registration Fees: A yearly $20 registration fee is required to enroll each student. There is a $50 maximum registration fee per family. (For students enrolled in summer, you have already been charged the registration fee.) Registration fee is non-refundable.
Recital fees: There will be a $25 recital fee per family per performance with each ticket costing $6. Recital fees are due by January 31, 2020. You will be sent an email as a reminder the first of January. Recital fees cover the cost of providing professional and meaningful performance opportunities for the students including paying the rental fee of the facility, the tech crew, props, backdrops, event insurance and employees who help to facilitate a wonderful experience for the student and their families. Dance is a performing art and learning how to conduct oneself professionally at performances and feeling comfortable on the stage are all an important part of performing arts education. It is the reward for the student’s hard work.
Costume Fees: Students will have between 2-5 costumes depending on their level and number of performances.
The purchase price of costumes is between $50-$80. Whenever possible, we will rent costumes. Costume rental fees are $30-$40. We rent certain costumes because it allows us to have much higher quality costumes while keeping costs down for everyone. The costume rental fee is used to cover the cost of tailoring, cleaning, repairing and storing the costumes. A non-refundable costume deposit will be required at the time of registration. The amount of the deposit is between $30-$100 (see class description on website for exact amounts). This deposit will be credited toward costume payments. Final costume payments are due April 1.
Tuition is based on a monthly fee and not a per class basis. Payment is the same no matter how many times your child attends class. If class has to be canceled due to bad weather or teacher illness, you will be notified and a makeup class scheduled. I ask that you only sign up for dance if you are committed to finish through the June recital. I believe in finishing what you start. A dancer must participate in the performances to receive the full benefit and reward of their dancing training. A student’s lack of commitment and follow through affects their entire class and inhibits the teacher’s ability to help their classes have a successful experience on the stage. If you are unable to finish the dance year through June, you must give written notification. For open classes, you will be responsible for tuition 30 days after the studio receives your written notification of withdrawal. Your student may attend dance during this time. For company students, you will be responsible for two months of tuition after the studio receives your written notification and your student stops attending class. Remember, costume and registration fees are non-refundable.
Price of monthly tuition based on hours at the studio per week:
- 50 minutes $40
- 1 hour $50
- 1 ¼ hours $55
- 1 ½ hours $60
- 2 hours $80
- 2 ½ hours $95
- 3 hours $110
- 4 hours $135
- 5 hours $155
- 6 hours $170
- 7 hours $185
- 8 hours $195
- 9 hours $205
- 10 hours $215
- 11 hours $225
- 12 hours $235
- 13 hours $245
- Unlimited $255
Family discount: Your first child 5% discount on tuition. A 10% discount will be given to any additional family members. The 10% tuition discount will be applied to the lowest tuition amounts.
- All outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to registration.
- A valid debit or credit card must be on file for your account. This information is securely stored in an encrypted database within Studio Director and will only be used to process payments for your account.
- All accounts must be paid in full by the end of each month. No exceptions.
- Tuition is due by the first of each month and can be paid by cash, check, auto-pay with your debit/credit card, or self-initiated debit/credit card payment. There is a 10 day grace period for tuition payments. If tuition is not paid by the tenth, the debit or credit card we have on file will be charged and a confirmation email will be sent to you. If we are unable to process your debit or credit card because it has either become invalid or has insufficient funds, a $15 late fee will be assessed and you will be required to submit payment and provide a valid debit or credit card for your account by the last day of the month.
- If you are unable to pay your account in full by the end of the month, an email will be sent to you informing you of the situation. Your student will be automatically unenrolled from Lifehouse until such time as the account balance has been paid and a valid debit or credit card is provided for your account. Unenrolled students will be required to re-enroll and pay a registration fee to participate at Lifehouse.
- Those who are participating in a trade for dance will also be required to abide by the terms of Lifehouse’s payment policy and keep a valid debit or credit card on file. A positive account balance for trade services offered can be used to pay for dance. If at any time your account balance becomes negative, you will be required to pay your balance in full by the end of each month.
How do I register?
Online registration will be open and available, August 1.
To register for classes go to lifehouseacademy.com. If you received this registration letter via email from Lifehouse, you have an account already set up. In the upper right hand corner click on “Log in-Salem.” Enter your email address and your password. If you have forgotten your password, please contact the studio at email@example.com and a new password can be set. Once you are logged in click on “Edit account information” and update your information. Please make sure you have the correct name, address, phone number, email address, etc. on your account. Enter or update payment information under the “edit payment info on file” tab.
If you did not receive this registration letter via email, then on the lifehouseacademy.com website click on “Registration info.” Follow the prompts and enter information. Enter your student’s name and information. Enter payment information.
When all information is entered and updated, click on the home page and go to “enroll in a class.” Specify which student you are enrolling. Students registering for company classes should choose the tab of “Salem Company 2019/20.” You will need to enroll your student in each of the classes for that company. If your student is enrolling in an open class such as preschool, kindergarten, combo, open ballet, open jazz, hip hop, musical theater, etc. go to the “Salem open classes 2019/20” tab. Click on the class you wish to enroll your student in. You must completely check out to finish your enrollment or your enrollment will be dropped. If you accidentally enroll your student in the wrong class or wish to change to a different class, it cannot be done by you on your account. It needs to be done by the studio. Email the studio the changes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do them and notify you.
If during the year you ever have concerns about your child’s dance training or if your child is having a difficult time, please come talk to me and we will together find an appropriate solution. I have always found that it is better to deal with issues directly and specifically one-on-one. You may leave me a message at the studio 801-423-7899 or email me at email@example.com , and I will respond within 48 hours. If you have a bookkeeping or account question, call the studio number at 801-423-7899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m looking forward to a wonderful and productive year!
Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy