Dear Lifehouse Families,
Come join us for summer classes! Below are the details of the Lifehouse summer schedule. I love summer classes. They are an opportunity to keep student’s dance skills sharp and progressing forward. We get to really focus on technical mastery.
Weekly Company Summer Schedule
Students interested in participating in a company for the 2018-19 season need to register for summer classes. Registration will be available online beginning June 1. Students 4th grade and older who are new to Lifehouse should contact the studio for recommended placement. I love summer classes! We get to really fine tune our technique and build our strength and flexibility!
- Summer classes for all students interested in participating at Lifehouse on a company level will begin on June 18 and conclude on August 3. There will NOT be summer classes July 2nd-6th. Summer classes are open to everyone, but are highly recommended for students planning to be on a company for the 2018-19 season.
- Tuition is determined by the number of hours of instruction per week and is equivalent to regular tuition during the year.
- Tuition designated is for the entire summer.
- You may also pay by the week if you will be gone a significant number of classes during the weeks of summer when classes are offered. A weekly tuition rate is included along with the entire summer rate. YOU MUST SEND AN E-MAIL WITH THE DATES YOU WILL BE GONE BEFORE SUMMER CLASSES BEGIN TO GET ANY DISCOUNT. IT IS NOT RETROACTIVE.
- A $20.00 non-refundable annual registration fee is due upon enrollment for summer. The registration fee is $20 per student or $50 maximum per family. This reserves your spot for summer classes and/or summer camp and guarantees you a spot for the fall. You must pay it online when you register or your registration will be dropped and your spot will be made available for someone else.
- Tuition for summer classes is due July 1. Tuition for the dance camp is due by August 6.
- The summer class schedule will be based on age and company placement from the 2017-18 year. If you are new to company and ages 9 to above, contact the studio for a placement class.
- Summer classes will serve as the audition process for next year’s company placement. This will allow us to watch students for an extended period and better place them in the right class for their growth the following year. It will also allow us to better place new company members in the right class and help us to keep skills sharp and stay in prime condition year round.
- I realize that each dancer has a different commitment level to dance. Being on a Company is for students who have the desire to excel. Taking two months off of your training each year over the course of your career, puts dancers at a clear disadvantage by the time they graduate from high school. Not only do they miss the two during the summer, they also spend the first six weeks of fall gaining back what they lost when they were not dancing. The amount of time we ask of students in the summer is the minimum necessary to continue to progress and grow. months
|Blue Company||Tuition $255|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 10:30 am||Jazz Technique||Studio B|
|Tuesday||10:30 am – 12:00 pm||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 10:30 am||Jazz Technique||Studio B|
|Thursday||10:30 am – 12:00 pm||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
|Red Company||Tuition $165|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 10:30 am||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
|Tuesday||10:30 am – 12:00 pm||Jazz Technique||Studio B|
|Yellow Company||Tuition $130|
|Tuesday||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Jazz/Conditioning||Studio B|
|Tuesday||1:30 am – 2:45 pm||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
class ages 7-9
|Tuesday||1:45 pm – 2:30 pm||Jazz/Conditioning||Studio B|
|Tuesday||2:45 pm – 3:45||Ballet Technique||Studio A|
class ages 5-6
|Tuesday||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Ballet||Studio A|
Summer Workshops and Camps—we would like to invite our Saratoga students to Salem for these amazing summer workshop opportunities
BodAlign/Pointe Intensive taught by Kristi Hill and Lindsey Brown June 11-15th –limited space available, register early.
The BodAlign Workshop is a progressive tool to benefit dancers throughout their careers. It first builds focus which, in turn, allows students to become self-aware. Once this awareness is achieved proper technique can be reached. When there is true technique a dancer’s confidence can grow and will be reflected in their performance. This workshop will help dancers better understand the human anatomy and create a stronger brain-to-muscle connection. When there is correct alignment it is easier to prevent injury when moving into technique classes and performances. Also, when a student can feel their own correct alignment they are able to begin to self-motivate and self-correct.
Session 1 Schedule—for students who have their pointe shoes-Cost $165.00 for the week
9:00-10:30 BodAlign Workshop
- Focus and Awareness: Simple anatomy of true alignment; exercises and stretches to strengthen posture; understanding and feeling a neutral pelvis position; taking this and applying it to correct turnout.
- Body Alignment: Exercises that isolate muscles to make a stronger brain-to-muscle connection; taking that memory into exercises that combine muscle groups.
15 Minute Break
10:45-12:15 Ballet Technique Class: Taking the focus, awareness and body alignment into technique class
30 Minute Lunch
12:45-2:00 Pointe Technique Class: Taking focus, awareness, body alignment and ballet technique and applying it to pointe work.
2:00-3:00 Ballet Variations: Taking technique into choreography in order to enhance performance quality
Session 2 BodAlign Workshop appropriate for students in blue not on pointe and Red Company students.
June 11th-15th 3:30-7:00 each day Cost $100.00
Similar information as above geared toward younger dancers.
Lifehouse Summer Dance Camp
Lifehouse will host two separate dance camps. Each camp will have a resident ballet and jazz teacher. Students will take technique classes from the same resident guest teacher every day. This will maximize their growth during the week. We will continue to offer classes in other genres as well to build their skills and versatility.
- August 13th-17th Camp for company students from blue company last year or students 12 and older from red. We are excited to announce that Ms. Beverly Spell, the creator of Leap ‘n Learn, will be returning and teaching all of the ballet classes. She is coming from Louisiana to work with our students. Ms. Ashley will be doing her fabulous Jump Start Jazz workshop during this camp so everyone get this fantastic information. Camp promises to be our best yet. We have some exciting guest artists coming to work with you, inspiring guest speakers and fun activities.
- August 6th-10th Camp for company from red and yellow companies. Resident ballet teacher will be Shayla Bott, the theatre ballet director at BYU. I will be announcing the other guest artists soon. Be excited!
- Camp is highly recommended for 2018-19 company members and open to all.
- Classes will all take place between 9 am and 5 pm. 1st and 2nd grade students will come for a half day.
- We will also discuss goal setting as a class and establish friendships within our company.
Cost of camp: $200 for 12 and older camp, $185 for Grades 3-6, $105 for 1st and 2nd graders
Auditions for Lifehouse 2018-19 Companies
- An audition for Dance Companies will be held Friday, August 3rd between the hours of 9 am-2 pm at our Saratoga studio. It is a good experience for students to learn the art of auditioning as it is a part of the dance world. Students will showcase what they have been working on all summer. After the audition, class placement for the next season will be determined. Always our goal is to place dancers where they can grow and progress to their potential.
If you have any questions regarding class placement or want some feedback as to your child’s readiness for a company class structure, feel free to contact me. We will be calling family’s in March and will plan to have our fall schedule out in April.