Weekly Company Summer Schedule
Students interested in participating in a company for the 2019-20 season need to register for summer classes. Registration will be available online beginning June 1. Students 4th grade and older who are new to Lifehouse should contact the studio for recommended placement. We love summer classes with our students! We get to really fine tune our technique and build strength and flexibility!
- Summer classes for all students interested in participating at Lifehouse on a company level will begin on June 17 and conclude on August 2. There will NOT be summer classes July 1-5. There will also NOT be classes on July 24. The Wednesday classes will be held instead on Friday, July 26 that week. Summer classes are open to everyone, but are highly recommended for students planning to be on a company for the 2019-20 season.
- Tuition is determined by the number of hours of instruction per week and is equivalent to regular tuition during the year.
- There are six weeks of summer classes. Dancers may also do makeup classes. Tuition designated is for the entire summer. MAKE UP CLASSES ARE RECOMMENDED!!
- You may also pay by the week if you will be gone a significant number of classes during the weeks of summer when classes are offered. A weekly tuition rate is included along with the entire summer rate. YOU MUST SEND AN EMAIL WITH THE DATES YOU WILL BE GONE BEFORE SUMMER CLASSES BEGIN TO GET ANY DISCOUNT. IT IS NOT RETROACTIVE.
- A $20.00 non-refundable annual registration fee is due upon enrollment for summer. The registration fee is $20 per student or $50 maximum per family. This reserves your spot for summer classes and/or summer camp and guarantees you a spot for the fall. You must pay it online when you register or your registration will be dropped and your spot will be made available for someone else.
- Tuition for summer classes is due July 1. Tuition for the dance camp is due by August 6.
- The summer class schedule will be based on age and company placement from the 2018-19 year.
- Summer classes will serve as the audition process for next year’s company placement. This will allow us to watch students for an extended period and better place them in the right class for their growth the following year. It will also allow us to better place new company members in the right class and help us to keep skills sharp and stay in prime condition year round.
- I realize that each dancer has a different commitment level to dance. Being on a Company is for students who have the desire to excel. Taking two months off of your training each year over the course of your career, puts dancers at a clear disadvantage by the time they graduate from high school. Not only do they miss the two months during the summer, they also spend the first six weeks of fall gaining back what they lost when they were not dancing. The amount of time we ask of students in the summer is the minimum necessary to continue to progress and grow.
Blue Company Students Tuition $225 for the summer
Tuesday 9:00 am-10:30 am Jazz Technique Studio B
Tuesday 10:30 am-12:00 pm Ballet Technique Studio A
Thursday 9:00 am-10:30 am Jazz Technique Studio B
Thursday 10:30 am-12:00 pm Ballet Technique Studio A
Red Company Students Tuition $225.00 for the summer
Tuesday 9:00 am-10:30 am Ballet Technique Studio A
Tuesday 10:30 am-12:00 pm Jazz Technique Studio B
Thursday 9:00 am-10:30 am Ballet Technique Studio A
Thursday 10:30 am-12:00 pm Jazz Technique Studio B
Yellow Company Students Tuition $130 for the summer
Tuesday 12:30 pm-1:30 pm Jazz /Conditioning Studio B
Tuesday 1:30 pm-2:45 pm Ballet Technique Studio A
(Can do makeups with pink company students on Thursday)
Pink Company Students Tuition $130 for the summer
Thursday 12:30 pm-1:30 pm Jazz /Conditioning Studio B
Thursday 1:30 pm-2:45 pm Ballet Technique Studio A
(can do makeups with Yellow company on Tuesday)
Crystal Company Student Tuition $130 for the summer
Tuesday 12:30-1:30 Ballet Studio A
Tuesday 1:30-2:30 Jazz/Conditioning Studio B
(Can do makeups with 7-9 company prep classes on Thursdays)
Preparation company class ages 7-9 Tuition $130 for the summer
Thursday 1:45 pm-2:45 pm Jazz/Conditioning Studio B
Thursday 2:45 pm-3:45 pm Ballet Studio A
(Can do makeups with crystal company on Tuesdays)
Preparation company class age 5-6 Tuition $75 for the summer
Thursday 12:30-1:30 Ballet Studio A
(Can do makeups with Crystal Company on Tuesdays)
Summer Workshops and Camps—we would like to invite our Saratoga students to Salem for these amazing summer workshop opportunities
Lifehouse Summer Dance Camp
Lifehouse will host two separate dance camps. Each camp will have a resident ballet and jazz teacher. Students will take technique classes from the same resident guest teacher every day. This will maximize their growth during the week. We will continue to offer classes in other genres as well to build their skills and versatility.
- August 5-9 Camp for company students from crystal, pink and yellow. We are excited to announce that Ms. Beverly Spell, the creator of Leap ‘n Learn, will be returning and teaching all of the ballet classes. She is coming from Louisiana to work with our students.
- August 12-16 Camp for company students from red and blue.
- Camp is required for 2018-19 company members and open to all.
- Classes will all take place between 9 am and 5 pm. 1st and 2nd grade students will come for a half day.
- We will also discuss goal setting as a class and establish friendships within our company.
Cost of camp: $200 for 12 and older camp, $185 for Grades 3-6, $105 for 1st and 2nd graders
Auditions for Lifehouse 2019-20 Companies
- An audition for Dance Companies will be held Friday, August 2 between the hours of 9 am-2 pm at our Saratoga studio. It is a good experience for students to learn the art of auditioning as it is a part of the dance world. Students will showcase what they have been working on all summer. After the audition, class placement for the next season will be determined. Always our goal is to place dancers where they can grow and progress to their potential.
If you have any questions regarding class placement or want some feedback as to your child’s readiness for a company class structure, feel free to contact us. We will be calling families in March and will plan to have our fall schedule out in April.