Thank you one more time for your support in putting on this production. We have all enjoyed working with your children. They are truly wonderful. A couple of last minute details for your information. Please read VERY CAREFULLY! It is absolutely imperative that everyone be at these rehearsals as we put the show together. We want every student to feel successful on the stage. These rehearsals are absolutely necessary to ensure that everyone is prepared to give the best possible performance. This isn’t just a recital, it is a production we offer to the community. It has a great reputation for being professional and of the best quality. Let’s make sure we maintain that reputation.
1. Drop off and pick up The address of American Leadership Academy is 898 W 1100 S, Spanish Fork, UT 84660. The theater is in the Junior High which is the center building. Please go in the front main entrance. Go down the hallway to the right of the main stair case and auditorium. There will be someone at the desk to check your child in for rehearsal.
2. Flowers and concessions available for Purchase at the theater ALA has been so good to work with us in bringing the community this production. Their musical theater department will be selling flowers. If you wish to purchase flowers for your dancer, please purchase them at the performance and support their fine arts program. They are very reasonably priced. You can write a note to your student and they will hand deliver them to the dressing room. Their orchestra will be selling concessions.
3. All rehearsals on the stage are closed to the public Only performers, directors, teachers and the tech crew are allowed in the theater during tech and dress rehearsal. Parents may wait in the lobby or come back after the rehearsal to pick students up.
4. What do I bring to the high school? Performers should arrive to the high school in pink tights, pink ballet shoes, a nude leotard and some type of cover up they can take off without ruining their hair. This is for all rehearsals and performances. Bathrobes or hoodies with a zipper work well. Performers should bring a water bottle with their name on it and a bag to keep all of their belongings. A container with extra bobby pins, hair spray is helpful. Write their name on everything! NO FOOD. Please make sure they eat well before they come to the rehearsal.
5. How do I do my makeup? Every dancer will need to wear stage make up. This includes blush, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, and red lipstick. Makeup should be exaggerated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5VtLuA4PgA This is a link for a tutorial done by some of our older students. The following dancers need to wear fake eyelashes: Clara, Girl Cousins, Maids, Sugar plum fairy attendants, Chinese, Arabian, and all dancers on Tendu and Glisse ballet companies. Moms dancing in the party scene you can do your hair in some fancy way.
6. How do I do my hair? Every dancers will need to have their hair in a bun at the crown of their head. To make sure that their bun is secure us lots of bobby pins and a hair net. Please use gel and hairspray to slick back hair in the bun so there are no whispies. All Girl Cousins need to have hair pulled half up and curled.
7. When should I have hair and makeup done? Anytime you rehearse on the stage, you should be in full hair and makeup. This way, we can see what the performance will look like and make any corrections if necessary.
8. What about costumes? Costumes will be left at the theater and never taken home. Students will have assistance getting in and out of their costumes.
9. Younger students check in/check out The following applies to the following students: little mice (advanced 7 year old combo, advanced 6 year old combo and indigo company), Gingerbread (yellow and violet companies who are not in a second dance), candy canes (advanced 8-9 year old combo class, Thursday 6-8 combo, pink company), and chocolates (crystal company and 5-7 ballet class). The little mice are only in the first act. Parents may check them out at intermission. The first act is about 40 minutes in length. If parents are watching the performance, the student may sit on a parent’s lap and watch the 2nd act. If they take up a seat, they will need a ticket. If the family is not watching that performance, they may go home at intermission. The gingerbread, candy canes, taffies, candy makers and chocolates are in the 2nd act. The students may check in at intermission. If their family is watching the performance, they may sit on a parent’s lap and watch the first act. Parents can then check them in at intermission. They must be all the way ready with hair and makeup done. If they are too big to sit on a lap, they will need a ticket. We expect shows to sell out so every seat needs to be taken by someone with a ticket. Students may also be checked in at the beginning of the show. It is up to families. If your child is in the second act and the family is not watching a performance, students need to arrive at the theater 15 minutes after the start time of the show. ALWAYS make sure your child gets checked in and out. Their safety is very important.
10. We need parent helpers This show takes Herculean effort on everyone’s part to pull off! I will be contacting parents who put on their audition form they are willing to help to make assignments. We could use more parent helpers. If you are available to help load props, clean up on Monday after the show closes, take tickets, help in the dressing room or for security, please let Nesha know ASAP. Let me know which show you are available to be of assistance. It is very appreciated!
11. Final Schedule We had to make a few CHANGES to the schedule this weekend. Please take note. We apologize. We have several seniors who have scholarship auditions at BYU. We have the technical director coming to watch the rehearsal on the 14th so she can set lights. We need the seniors in attendance and had to adjust accordingly. Please feel free to clarify if you have a question on when or where your child needs to be. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of your child’s attendance. Tech and dress rehearsal are absolutely mandatory. It makes or breaks the performance. Please communicate with the studio ASAP if you foresee any conflicts, if a child becomes ill, etc. We have had several students miss rehearsal without any notification by the parents. That cannot happen the next two weeks. When you see the performance, you will realize the amount of work and dedication required! Please help us by having your child where they are supposed to be.
The show is absolutely beautiful! Please invite everyone you know to come to the Nutcracker. It is such
a professional production and the price can’t be beat! Let’s get our shows sold out. Thanks for all that you have done to get your kids to rehearsal. We recognize the sacrifice it is for families. I have loved working with each one.
Friday, November 13th
3:15-4:00 Chefs and Clara
4-5:30 Candy Canes (Pink Company, 6-8 Combo, Advanced 8-9 yr old), Candy Makers, Gingerbread (Violet Company and Yellow company) *We have had lots of students missing from the 8-9 year old advanced class and 6-8 year old combo class. They will be completely lost if they are not at this rehearsal. We will be making phone calls this week.
5:30 -7 Chefs, Taffies, Clara, Nutcracker, Chocolates (5-7 combo and Crystal Company) *These classes had perfect attendance last Friday. Thank you!
7-9 Arabian Pas de duex, Sugar Plum and Cavalier, All Spanish, All Chinese, All Arabian, Dew Drops, Shepherdess, All Flowers, Clara and Nutcracker
*Saturday, November 14th
(This rehearsal time has changed because our seniors this year have auditions at BYU until 1:00). This rehearsal Elaine Hansen will be attending so we can set light cues, backdrop and prop cues, etc. It is extremely important!
Students should come in pink tights, tan leo and pink ballet shoes. We will be wearing costumes. Makeup is not necessary.
1:00-1:30 Clara, Maids, Governess, Clara’s Sister, All girl cousins, Dalyn, Braydon, Eli, Richard, Droselmyer, and Dolls (not small dolls)
1:30-3:30 Act 1 Party Scene (Clara, Clara’s Sisters, All girl cousins, All boy cousins, Maids, Governess, Party Parents, Small dolls, dolls, Drosselmyer, Grandma and Grandpa), Fight Scene (Clara, Nutcracker, Soldiers, Rats, Fairies, Rat King, Bunny, Little Mice (We only need Miss Shanna’s Advanced 6 year old combo class the other casts of little mice do not need to attend this rehearsal) Snow Corp, Snow Queen
3:30-5 Act 2 run through (Stars, Sugar Plum Fairy Attendants, Ribbon Candy, All Spanish, All Arabian, All Chinese, Shepherdess, Sheep, Chefs, Taffies, Candy Makers, Chocolates (Crystal Company only do not need Miss Kenzie’s Thursday 5-7 year old ballet class), Candy Canes (Advanced 8-9 year old class only, we do not need pink or Thursday’s 6-8 combo class at this rehearsal), Gingerbread (Brookelyn Simmons, Morgan Hill, Abby Law, Cambri Peterson, Tessa Hanks, Madison Smith, Chloe Crabb, Olivia Hartley only, we do not need other Gingerbread casts) All Flowers, Dew Drops, Clara, Nutcracker, Sugar Plum and Cavalier)
Monday, November 16th
If something needs some extra work we will run dances 4-6 for dancers from Red, Magenta, Green, Silver, Turquiose Companies.
Tuesday, November 17th
We will be loading the props and marley to take to ALA. We are asking all students from glisse’ and tendu ballet companies, green, magenta, red and orange in the show to come and help. We will meet at 6 pm at the studio. Anyone who has a truck and could bring it, we would appreciate it! With many hands, it goes quickly.
*Wednesday, November 18th
Tech Rehearsal at ALA (Full Hair and Makeup, Please have pink tights, nude leotard and ballet shoes) ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY!!
*Time has changed from last schedule.
3:30-5:00 pm Tech Rehearsal for Party Scene (Arrive 30 minutes early to get into Costumes)
5:00-6:00 pm Fight Scene/Snow Scene (Little Mice (Advanced 7 yr old, Advanced 6 yr old, and
Indigo company) Clara, Nutcracker, Soldiers, Rats, Fairies, Rat King, Bunny,
snow corp, snow queen) (Arrive 30 minutes early to get into Costumes)
6:00-7:00 pm Stars, Ribbon Candy, Sugar Plum Fairy Attendants, Clara, Nutcracker, Sugar Plum
Fairy, Sheep and Shepherdess (Arrive 30 minutes early to get into Costumes)
7:00-9:00 pm All Spanish, All Arabian, All Chinese, All Flowers and Dew Drops, Sugar Plum
Fairy and Cavalier, Clara and Nutcracker, Snow Queen and Snow Corp (Arrive 30 minutes early
to get into Costumes)
Thursday, November 19th
Dress Rehearsal at ALA (Full Hair and Makeup, Please have pink tights, nude leotard and ballet shoes) ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY!
3:45- 5 Candy Canes (Pink Company, 6-8 Combo, Advanced 8-9 yr old), Candy Makers,
Gingerbread (Violet Company and Yellow company)
4:45-6 Chefs, Chocolates (5-7 combo and Crystal Company), and Taffies
6-9 Full Run of Cast A and B (Friday Night Cast Only of Candy Canes, Gingerbread, and Chocolates, and Indigo Company for little mice only)
7:15 pm-Little Mice (Indigo Company) can get picked up
8:00 pm Sheep, Candy Canes, Candy Makers, Gingerbread, Taffies, Chocolates, Chefs, Stars, and Ribbon Candy will be excused.
Friday, November 20th
Arrive at 12:00 Cast B (Clara, Maids, Governess, Clara’s sisters, All Girl Cousins, Dalyn Woodhouse, Richard Peck, Braydon Knapp, Eli Adamson, Drosselmyer, Dolls, (no small dolls) Rats, Rat King, All Fairies, Soldiers, Bunny, Nutcracker, Snow, Snow Queen, Ribbon Candy, Sugar Plum Fairy Attendants, Sugar Plum Fairy, Cavalier, Spanish, Chinese, Arabian Pas de duex,
1:00 Assembly for older kids (50 minutes)
1:30 Sheep Arrive to ALA
2:00 Assemly for younger kids 1 hour Cast A (Clara, Maids, Governess, Clara’s sisters, All Girl Cousins, Dalyn Woodhouse, Richard Peck, Braydon Knapp, Eli Adamson, Drosselmyer, Dolls, Rats, Rat King, All Fairies, Soldiers, Bunny, Nutcracker, Snow, Snow Queen, Ribbon Candy, Sugar Plum Fairy Attendants, Sugar Plum Fairy, Cavalier, Spanish, Chinese, Arabian Pas de duex, Sheep and Shepherdess)
Friday, November 20th
5:00 Warm up on stage for dancers in Glisse’ company, Tendu Company, Magenta Company, Green Company, Red Company, Orange Company, Sage Company
5:45 Check in for Party Scene, Fight Scene, Snow Scene
6:00 Check in for Little Mice (Advanced 7 year old class)
6:30 Show Time (Cast B)
6:30 Check in for Dancers in 2nd Act (Ribbon Candy, Candy Makers, Taffies, Candy Canes (Pink
company), Ginger Bread (Cast 2), Chocolates (Dancers from Crystal Company), Chefs, Stars, Sheep
Saturday, November 21st
Performance #1 10 am Schedule
8:30 am Warm up on Stage for dancers in Glisse’ company, Tendu Company, Magenta Company, Green Company, Red Company, orange Company, Sage Company,
9:15 Check in for Party Scene, Fight Scene, Snow Scene
9:30 Check in for Mice (Indigo Company)
10:00 am Show Time (Cast A)
10:00 am Check in for Dancers in 2nd Act Ribbon Candy, Candy Makers, Taffies, Candy Canes, (6-8 Combo), Ginger Bread (Cast 3), Chocolates (5-7 Combo), Chefs, Stars, Sheep,
Performance #2 2 pm Schedule
1:00 pm Warm up on Stage for dancers in Glisse’ company, Tendu Company, Magenta
Company, Green Company, Red Company, orange Company, Sage Company
1:30 pm Check in for Party Scene, Fight Scene, Snow Scene, Mice (Advanced 7 year old)
2:00 pm Show Time (Cast B)
2:00 pm Check in for Dancers in 2nd Act Ribbon Candy, Candy Makers, Taffies, Candy Canes, (Pink Company), Ginger Bread (Cast 1), Chocolates (Dancers from Crystal Company), Chefs, Stars, Sheep
Performance #3 7 pm Schedule
6:00 pm Warm up on Stage for dancers in Glisse’ company, Tendu Company, Magenta
Company, Green Company, Red Company, orange Company, Sage Company
6:30 pm Check in for Party Scene, Fight Scene, Snow Scene, Mice (Advanced 6 year old)
7:00 pm Show Time (Cast A)
7:00 pm Check in for Dancers in 2nd Act Ribbon Candy, Candy Makers, Taffies, Candy Canes, (Advanced 8-9), Ginger Bread (Cast 4), Chocolates (Dancers from Crystal Company), Chefs, Stars, Sheep
5:30 Warm up on stage for dancers in Glisse’ company, Tendu Company, Magenta Company, Green Company, Red Company, orange Company, Sage Company,
6:15 Check in for Party Scene, Fight Scene, Snow Scene
6:30 Check in for Mice (Indigo Company)
7:00 pm Show Time (Cast A)
7:00 pm Check in for Dancers in 2nd Act Ribbon Candy, Candy Makers, Taffies, Candy Canes, (Advanced 8-9), Ginger Bread (Cast 1), Chocolates (5-7 Combo class), Chefs, Stars, Sheep
We would appreciate any help we can get striking the show, taking down backdrops, pulling up marley floor, transporting props and costumes back to the studio